Saturday, August 18, 2012

Intercultural Dialogue and Education: La Jolla Country Day School Choir in Madrid

As I gear up for the start of a new school year - my 16th - I can't help but reflect upon the years that have flown by. My years at Johnson Junior High School, Rolling Meadows High School, La Jolla Country Day School and Parkway West High School have been marked by stunning achievements, and failures, both of which have brought to where I am now. While looking back in reflection, I research as well, and I came across this blog posting which I have never noticed before. It brought back a flood of memories.


Intercultural Dialogue and Education: La Jolla Country Day School Choir in Madrid: Even before this choir arrived in Madrid I knew they were going to be wonderful: even so I was overwhelmed by their good nature, willingness...

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jennifer, Thank you for responding to the blog post. Your visit with the LJCDS choir was a memorable event for me and also inspiring. I am now teaching in the Netherlands and am enjoying this wonderful city. I wish you and your family the very best and hope we can keep in touch, Timothy Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness how the years fly by! We've been so busy with the children that things like blogs have put to the side. But- in an effort to get reorganized I decided to check into this after several years of delinquency. It's great to hear about your new adventures in the Netherlands, assuming you are still there. I'm still holding out hope that one day we will live abroad.....until then we are enjoying Boston. If you are ever on this side of the ocean please let me know. Boston is a wonderfully artistic city (by American standards)and I've recently joined a council of music educators that assist with outreach for the Boston Symphony. I've been needing a new challenge and this sounded promising. I hope you are doing well and enjoying your summer holidays. All the very best, Jenn

      Delete