Sunday, March 18, 2012

The "Wonder" years

They call the preschool years the "wonder years". It's fitting I suppose since there is so much personal exploration and learning going on, but lately I'm convinced that the term was derived by a parent who sat back and with "wonder" listened while their preschooler said some pretty humorous things. Let me set the scene for just one of those moments.

This morning James and Andrew sat together on the sofa watching "Dragon Tales". After the episode concluded James asked for another episode, however he forget to say "please". The conversation went something like this.....

James: "I want another Dragon Tales."
Andrew: "Ask nicely and say 'Daddy you are wonderful'."
James: "May I have another Dragon Tales please. I am wonderful."


Needless to say both Andrew and I were amused by JP's comic timing, and in turn JP was amused by the reaction he got from the pair of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment