Saturday, October 22, 2011

Duped by a two year old!

The biggest change in the last few months hasn't been the "new addition" to the family, but rather the new start time for school. James and I spent most mornings enjoying our breakfast and watching the cartoon on PBS. These days school starts at 7:30, which means I'm typically gone before the kids are even awake. This can be problematic for many reasons.....one of which made itself known yesterday.

A few minutes after arriving at work I received a phone call from Andrew telling me that JP was sick. I could hear James wailing in the background, loudly complaining about numerous aches and pains. I quickly put together some half hearted lesson plans for a sub and headed home. It probably took me a total of 20 minutes to get home after taking the phone call from Andrew. But in that 20 minutes apparently a medical miracle occur ed as I came home to find a VERY energetic and not at all sick looking two year old running laps in the basement. Looking to Andrew for an excuse - the only he could say was "I think I got duped by a two year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment