Friday, June 26, 2015

Shame on me!

I can't believe how delinquent I am with regards to this blog. It has been nearly 2 years since I've posted any new information. Recently, however, I was presented with the gift of time which has allowed me to tend to many of the tasks that have been put to the side including organizing digital photos,updating baby book entries, binge watching Netflix shows, and of course updating this blog.

Lilith is now four years old. She is our brilliant girl  - as feisty as they come, but also quick to cuddle and has remarkable empathy for one so young. Like most four year olds she loves her toys which includes anything with Elsa or Anna from Frozen stenciled on it, and she loves her newest toy an iPad that was purchased  for her recent trip to Ireland. She along with James enjoyed swimming lessons this year. From day one, our brave little girl launched herself in the water without so much as a lifejacket. She's a risk taker And appears to be afraid of very little. I do hope that this is a characteristic that  she will carry with her into adulthood. I'm very excited that she'll be joining James next fall at shore country day school. I know that she's ready for a new stimulating environment, but I do hope that Shore is ready for her.

James is also doing well. At 6 1/2 he is now reading and writing and is curious as ever.  I've said all along, about both my children, that I hope they have their fathers tenacious appetite for reading......so far that seems to be the case.  James is a curious little boy - he is equally happy being outside on the football pitch, as he is inside a museum exploring new things. He recently finished up his kindergarten year… Highlights included the lobster field trip to Gloucster ,his role in the rainbow fish play,  and his adventures with the ant farm. He also enjoyed a season of skiing, spring break at Walt Disney World, and both soccer and swim lessons. Though his athletic abilites are yet to be realized he is a boy with an  endless supply of energy and enthusiasm for life.  (and according to his report card his teachers tend to agree.)

It is now the summer, and school has been out for approximately two weeks. Due to unusual circumstances Andrew had the opportunity to take both children to Ireland where they've been for the past while.  I on the  other hand stayed home to finish out the school year and to visit with a friend who will be moving back to Florida in a few days. With the summer weeks ahead I look forward to exploring more of Boston with my two curious kids in tow. Andrew will be starting his new job, and will no doubt be very busy, but I hope that we find time to enjoy the summer before the hectic school year  begins, the Boston winter returns.....and I inevitably forget about this blog again

No comments:

Post a Comment